So what does a Hygge Lifestyle look like? For that matter, what is Hygge?! and how do you get Hygge with Scentsy?
Hygge (pronounced hue-guh not hoo-gah) is used when acknowledging a feeling or moment, whether you’re alone or with friends, at home or out an about, as cosy, charming or special. It’s a Scandinavian way of life that aims to spread warmth and calm. Hygge at its core is about health and happiness – it’s not just a decor trend like many people think! (did you know its not actually got a similar word in english!!)
Here’s some tips to help you bring hygge into your lifestyle:
- Surround yourself with people who make you happy, like friends and family.
- Put on Scentsy Warmers you love with cosy scentsy fragrances.
- Enjoy the simple pleasures in life and try to be present and thankful!
- Got the change to stay an extra hour (or half-hour!) in bed? Take it, and DON’T feel guilty!
- Reuse and recycle – live a more sustainable life!
- Take up a new, relaxing hobby like crafting or something you do with your hands!
- Stop and appreciate your surroundings…
- Enjoy a good book and a cuppa!
Hygge-inspired decor trends are built around texture, ambient light and bringing the outdoors indoors! Neutral palettes and warmth (through things like chunky and comfortable throws and cushions) are also important elements. Scentsy Warmers and Waxes wise I would look at our Scentsy Autumn 2020 blog for inspiration!
For a bit of Hygge reading (and background on why the Danish are the happiest of people!) there are two books we’d highly recommend –
The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well by Meik Wiking
The Year of Living Danishly: Uncovering the Secrets of the World’s Happiest Country by Helen Russell.
You can buy both on Kindle – but something that helps our Hygge is having an actual physical book! The little book of Hygge in particular is available in a gorgeous hardback version.
Love reading our blogs? why not get our bi monthly Scentsy newsletters? Our newsletters are full of great trend and decor advice plus special offers for customers. You can sign up here and join over 10,000 happy scentsy newsletter readers.