Six Essential Oils to Use to Improve
Concentration and Productivity
I am guessing aromatherapy isnt the first thing you think of when you are trying to cram for exmas or want to improve your productivity and creativness in work. Maybe you should consider using essential oils though as smell is one of our strongest senses and very capable on influenceing positve brain activity. THE SCIENCE BIT: Olfactory bulbs link to the limbic system and directly connect to the areas of the brain that process emotion and learning. What this means for us is that smelling someting can trigger deep seated memories and remind ous of someone or something.
Here are six scents that Aromatherapists recommend for boosting your productivity, mood and more at work/school or during exam revision time:
Great for promoting concentration, Lemon also has calming and clarifying properties that are helpful when you're feeling angry, anxious or run down. Lemon also has antiviral and antibacterial properties and can help fight sore throats and colds by boosting the body's immune system and improving circulation.
Scentsy essential oils containing Lemon:
- Cedar Lemon Lavender Natural Oil Blend
- Tangerine Lemon Natural Oil Blend
- Madarine Lemon Ginger Natural Oil Blend
- Lemon Thyme Natural Oil Blend
This essential oil has calming properties that help control emotional stress. Lavender has a soothing effect on nerves and can relieve nervous tension. Sounds perfect for exam stress.
Scentsy Essential Oils and Natural oils using Lavender include:
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Lavender and Tonka Bean 100% Natural Oil
- Rose, chamomile & Lavender 100% Natural Oil
- Cedar, Lemon Lavender 100% Natural Oil
- Eucalyptus, Lavender, Mint 100% Natural Oil
- Clear - 100% essential oil blend of Fir Needles, Lavender, Peppermint, Eucalyptus
- Rest - 100% essential oil blend of Lavender, Orange Flower, Mandarin Flower and Elemi Gum
- Lavender Orange Blossom 100% natural oil - Tangerine, Orange Blossom and Lavender
Like lavender, jasmine it is also used to calm nerves, but this oil is also commonly used as an anti-depressant because of its uplifting capabilities that produce a feeling of confidence, optimism and revitalized energy.
Need a Monday morning pick-me-up? Try Rosemary - as well as improving memory retention, this herb has stimulating properties that fight physical exhaustion, headaches and mental fatigue. Use this in the morning when you need to get going. We have no oils with rosemary in them but we have a scentsy candle bar - Rosemary Mint.
Fight mental fatigue and improve concentration with cinnamon.
Try peppermint when brainstorming. An energy booster, this scent invigorates the mind, promotes concentration and stimulates clear thinking.